Committed to Insurance Compliance
As a marketing services provider, we understand the complex compliance requirements insurance professionals have to follow when producing marketing materials. That’s why we’ve kept the legal and regulatory guidelines that shape your industry in mind while building OutboundEngine.
- You pre-approve content before it’s sent.
- Our content is editorial in nature. We don’t write anything that’s intended to be advisory in nature or that recommends specific insurance products or situational advice.
- We do not store any personal or health information about your clients or prospects except basic contact info we use to send emails on your behalf.
- We comply with the CAN-SPAM Act and send only to the people on your contact list.
- Our policy is to archive all social media posts we make and emails we send for over two years and store them in an easily accessible place.
- We never require or suggest a quid pro quo for referring new clients.
OutboundEngine understands regulatory requirements related to:
- Disclosure and use of customer information under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) regulations and guidelines
- Applicable rules from the National Insurance Consumer Protection Act
- CAN-SPAM email compliance standards
- Customer information compliance standards under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA)
How we help keep you compliant:
The content we write for your firm is informative, educational and editorial in nature. We avoid content that is advisory in nature and do not give advice on specific insurance products and/or what an individual “should” do in a specific situation. In the content we write, we do not lie, intentionally present misleading information or attempt to defraud. You have an opportunity to review all content before it is sent.
All marketing materials we send through email are branded with your name and business contact information. We comply with the CANSPAM Act and send only to those on your contact list. We include a standard disclaimer that you can customize to meet your compliance requirements.
The content that we share on your behalf on Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram is meant to entertain your followers rather than to offer content that is advisory in nature, directly solicits advice or presents fraudulent or misleading information.
Four times a year, we run a sweepstakes on behalf of your business and supply the prize. To enter, your contacts provide their contact information and answer a qualifying question like, “How likely are you to change coverage in the next six months?”
We also give them an opportunity to refer a friend. There is no quid pro quo. Entry into the sweepstakes is not dependent on someone submitting a referral. If a contact does send you a referral, we make it clear that this will not impact their chance of winning the sweepstakes.
Recordkeeping & Archiving
Our policy is to keep an archive of all emails we’ve sent and social media posts we’ve made through the OutboundEngine platform. These are in an easily accessible place and are stored for a minimum of two years.
We work hard to deliver marketing services that follow the letter of the law and are focused on being as compliant as possible.
Ultimately, individual customers are responsible for the compliance of their marketing programs with applicable laws and regulations. OutboundEngine assumes no liability for the accuracy or completeness of this information, the information contained in any marketing programs it creates, or the compliance of any marketing program with any applicable laws and regulations. Please consult with an attorney for information on specific laws and regulations and how they apply to your business.
Get the demo now.